The VM3A vehicle-mounted computer offers breakthrough features to eliminate downtime and maximize capital investment. The rugged, Android™-based VM3A device offers all the advantages of the Honeywell Mobility Edge™ platform – including the ability to accelerate provisioning, application certification and deployment across the enterprise. The VM3A device is upgradable to Android R (11) and features extended security update support to maximize return on investment and provide a lower total cost of ownership.
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Transportation and Logistics
- Field Service
- Security update availability is just as important as computer durability for maximizing a computer’s useful life. Mobility Edge products provide five more years of security updates than a typical Android device.
- No need to choose between optimizing productivity and minimizing IT support costs: All Honeywell Mobility Edge computers share a common hardware and software platform. From an IT perspective, they are all the same product.
- The Mobility Edge hardware platform and enterprise lifecycle tools drive an integrated, repeatable, scalable approach for accelerated and secure development, deployment, performance and lifecycle management.
- The field-replaceable front panel reduces maintenance costs by enabling on-site unskilled personnel to service the most wear- and abuse-prone components rather than returning them to the repair depot.
- The Smart Dock feature enables mounting and removal in seconds without affecting the cabling, saving on support and maintenance costs while minimizing capital expenses.
The VM3A vehicle-mounted computer offers breakthrough features to eliminate downtime and maximize capital investment. The rugged, Android™-based VM3A device offers all the advantages of the Honeywell Mobility Edge™ platform – including the ability to accelerate provisioning, application certification and deployment across the enterprise.
The VM3A device supports Android 9 Pie, is upgradable to Android R, and features extended security update support to maximize return on customer investment and provide a lower overall total cost of ownership (TCO). The device’s advanced enterprise configuration and software support tools also simplify frequently repeated tasks such as unit setup and distribution of security and software updates.
Compact, ergonomic and powerful, the VM3A vehicle-mounted computer has numerous breakthrough features designed to maximize productivity, minimize visual obstructions, and reduce or eliminate downtime. The powerful Qualcomm® 660 processor, integrated keyboard and 2x2 MIMO WLAN communications keep workers connected and productive.
Built to withstand extreme temperatures, the device’s large 12.1-inch display, readable both indoors and outdoors, supports both resistive and capacitive touchscreen options, and is available with an optional screen defroster for use in cold storage and freezer environments.
The Smart Dock feature delivers immediate savings on support and maintenance costs while maximizing efficiency, enabling users to quickly shift computers as vehicles fail or workloads change. The field-replaceable front panel allows enterprises to minimize investments in spare parts by substituting low-cost spare front panels for spare computers and saves valuable time and maintenance costs by leveraging in-house staff to service touchscreen or keyboard failures.
- Ignition Control
- Smart Dock
- 12.5 x 10.3 x 2.4 in
- 31.8 x 26 x 6.2 cm
SOFTWARE & FIRMWARE
- Android 9
MEMORY & DATA
- 32 GB Flash/4 GB RAM
- 30.7 cm
- 12.1 in
- 1024 x 768
- 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core
- 30.7 cm 12.1 in
- 5 - 95 %
- - 22 - 122 °F
- - 30 - 50 °C
Storage Temperature Range
- - 30 - 50 °C
- - 22 - 122 °F
STANDARDS & APPROVALS
- Proprietary Random Profile exceeding MIL-STD-810F
- 1 yr
- Touchscreen only
- Resistive-Touch and Stylus
- Capacitive- Optimized for Touch
- 12 inch
Operating System Type